Pease note: some of my posts may contain affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and later make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. Though clicking on an affiliate link may earn a commission for The 5th Element, this does not result in additional charges to you, or cost you anything extra, but it helps to support me to keep bringing you honest content.
Introduction to Green Smoothie Recipe
Embark on a journey to revitalization with our Tropical Green Smoothie – a delightful fusion of vibrant flavours and wholesome nutrients. Packed with the goodness of bananas, frozen spinach, a tropical fruit mix, hemp protein powder, and the richness of oat or coconut milk, this smoothie is a delicious and energizing way to kickstart your day.
In the Holistic Wellness 5th Element Coaching Program by Jessie Louise, the inclusion of holistic nutrition, particularly the incorporation of the nourishing Green Smoothie, reflects a commitment to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit. Recognizing that well-being extends beyond conventional practices, this program integrates holistic nutrition to address the interconnected facets of health. The Green Smoothie, crafted with wholesome ingredients like bananas, frozen spinach, tropical fruits, hemp protein powder, and oat or coconut milk, serves as a tangible embodiment of holistic nutrition principles. It is designed not only to provide essential nutrients but also to foster a harmonious relationship with food as a source of vitality. By embracing this holistic approach, participants in the coaching program are guided towards a comprehensive understanding of wellness, acknowledging the profound impact of nutrition on overall health, and fostering a lifestyle that supports balance and vitality.
The Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Ripe Banana: These add natural sweetness, creaminess, and a boost of potassium.
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach: Packed with vitamins and minerals, frozen spinach gives your smoothie a vibrant green hue. I always use fresh baby spinach that I have put into the freezer myself as I find they blend better than the ‘frozen’ chunks of spinach from the freezer section of the supermarket.
- 1 Cup Tropical Frozen Fruit Mix: A medley of pineapple, mango, and kiwi adds a burst of tropical flavour and a dose of vitamin C. This is from the regular frozen fruit section of the supermarket.
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Protein Powder: Elevate your smoothie with plant-based protein for sustained energy. I have used the Naturya Organic Hemp Protein Powder here.
- 1 Cup Oat or Coconut Milk: Choose based on your preference for a creamy and dairy-free base. I kind of prefer Coconut because it has that tropical vibe to it, but oat is just as good.
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence: Enhances the overall flavor profile with a hint of sweetness.
- A Pinch of Cinnamon: Adds warmth and depth to the taste.
- Gather Your Ingredients:
- Assemble all your ingredients for easy blending.
- Prep Your Ingredients:
- Peel the ripe bananas and break them into chunks.
- Measure out the frozen spinach and tropical fruit mix.
- Ensure your hemp protein powder is ready for use.
- Blend Away:
- In a high-powered blender, combine the banana chunks, frozen spinach, tropical fruit mix, hemp protein powder, oat or coconut milk, vanilla essence, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Blend on high until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. If the smoothie is too thick, add more liquid; if too thin, add more frozen fruit.
- Taste and Adjust:
- Take a moment to taste your creation. Adjust the sweetness or thickness to your liking by adding more vanilla essence, cinnamon, or frozen fruits.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Pour the Tropical Green Smoothie into a glass or your favorite reusable smoothie cup.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a slice of fresh tropical fruit for an extra touch.
Health Benefits of the Ingredients of the Green Smoothie Recipe:
- Natural sweetness, potassium for heart health.
- Frozen Spinach:
- Rich in vitamins A, C, and K, iron, and antioxidants.
- Tropical Frozen Fruit Mix:
- Vitamin C for immune support, fiber for digestive health.
- Hemp Protein Powder:
- Complete plant-based protein, essential amino acids.
- Oat or Coconut Milk:
- Creamy base, provides additional vitamins and minerals.
- Vanilla Essence:
- Enhanced flavor without added sugar.
- Anti-inflammatory properties, adds warmth and depth.
Indulge in the goodness of nature with our Tropical Green Smoothie Recipe, a blend of vibrant flavours and nutrient-packed ingredients. Whether enjoyed as a refreshing breakfast or a post-workout pick-me-up, this smoothie will leave you energized and satisfied. Cheers to a delicious journey towards health and vitality!
To know more about the Holistic Nutrition, the Green Smoothie Recipe and how you can use it to reach your wellness goals, please book The 5th Element coaching program with Jessie on the button above, or contact Jessie on the form below.